R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 banked oval track??
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2016, 04:01 PM
IndyRC_Racer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Without boring everyone with all of the details why the 1/12 suspension may not work (because I don't know them all), what are some easy things we CAN do to get a 1/12 on-road car to work on any oval.

The first thing about oval racing on a left turn track is to have as little left turn steering as possible to make it around the turn. Some people like to have enough steering to be able to make a U-turn in the event of an accident, but that is the most I would ever use. If you have a sophisticated enough transmitter, you can program a button to give you max steering if needed. Also having very little right steering will help prevent you from over-correcting when driving down the straight. You also might want to "deaden" the initial steering by adjusting the steering exponential.

Since the OP has an older 1/12 style car that uses the "Dynamic Suspension", I would highly recommend changing the caster blocks to zero degrees. Here is an example made by Team Associated that may work the CRC car (since 1/12 suspension was very similar between brands for many years). These parts cost about $5 USD

https://www.teamassociated.com/parts...ension_mounts/

I wouldn't worry as much if your car has trailing axles as first adjusting the caster angle on your suspension.