R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Schumacher KF2
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2016, 06:43 AM
Azzkikin
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ian.joyner
If you're struggling for traction you need to look at your weight distribution, 59 rear is quite low. I'm surprised your only at 59 looking at your layout with the rear bones reversed and the ESC at the back.

Next things to do are to start adding weight around the very back of the chassis or even the rear brace. Take anything you can out of the front and if you haven't already flip the front bones.

I find it easier to get the weight back with less overall weight in the low grip layout.

Also in the photo looks like your rear shocks are on the outer hole on the bone, that makes the rear pretty stiff and could cause it to break loose in turns.
I took the wheels off to remove them from the weight in case they had some funky effect on the balance. I am still at 59.2/40.8 split. And have 20g of weight behind the spur. It's just sitting there as I was just trying to find balance. One thing I didn't do was flip my rear arms again. I had them back trying to find traction. I'll put it on the scales tonight after that flip. I bet I can get to 61-2 in the rear and 38 in the front then.

I can possibly move the receiver back along but not by much. Outside of that, I don't know what else there would be to move. I do have a full servo in there and not a shorty.

Do you mean flip the front arms like you can with the rear? Does that push the front wheels further forward? It looks like they come out pretty parallel, not like the rear that are offset.

Btw, the plastic plates that are mounted to the axles are each tared on their prospective scales before being added to the car, so they have no bearing on the weight of the car.

Last edited by Azzkikin; 11-23-2016 at 07:24 AM.