R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 On-Road Racing - How cheap can it be done? Lets get new drivers hooked.
Old 11-20-2016, 04:54 PM
rescue119
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I remember going to my first TCS race with basically cheap stuff and a gt2 class setup. I showed up and after the first quality one of the top guys came over to my little table and sat down. Told me that I was in the wrong class because of my skill level and setup. Then he took the time and gave me some spare parts (he was a tamiya team driver) and tool my tt01 and set it up for gt3 class. If it wasn't for him I bet at the end of the day I would have left and never looked back but because he took the time and advice to show me how to get my foot in the door and where to start and I stayed. 18 years later and if I see someone new to the track I will do the same thing. Help them out anyway I can. Give them parts if the need. Never ask for anything in return. It's the people that bring other people into this hobby. Which in today's culture of everyone wins is lacking. It's not really a hobby thing as it is a culture thing imo

Ps. Half way through that season many years ago I bought 2 more chassis and ran gt2, gt3, and rally classes.