R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TAMIYA M-06 Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2016, 12:55 PM
Raman
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

I used to have an m04 and that to me was an aweful car. The M06
is leaps and bounds a better car and I got to be honest, from day one, I never found it hard to drive, nor did it frustrate me to give up on it. Back in day one, I really stank as a driver too. Now I stink somewhat lol.

I've had mine now for 6 years and as my skills for setting up and driving the car have improved, so has the M06 abilities.

I used to race it on asphalt / parking lots, hence the reason for having tyres with the soft inserts. There I found slicks were troublesome due to dust blowing on the tracks. So I used the m chassis tyres threaded tyres and was always competitive with drivers of the same skill level in am M05.

The only time the car was a beast to drive was when I could venture outside of the lines and rear tyres would get dirty. That I attribute to me and my focus not the chassis.

I still think this car / chassis / format has enormous potential and am hopefull for a Ver 2 or a new improved iteration.

I think the M05 is actually what holds this car back. The ABC Hobby Goose was a superior RWD platform, with TC style suspension arms, front rear up rights, ability to adjust camber links just like a TC. Droop screws in the arms, and Lower suspension mount suspension blocks. Gear box was belt driven. If an M08 adopted this layout, it would jump leap and bounds in performance.

But then it would not share the same parts with M05. So is it still an M chassis?

Tamiya could change the M07 as well and depart from its current set up.. But then the M03/M05 fans would most certainly scream foul!!!

The other issue is, majority shy away from the M06 because the M05 is easier to drive. The majority just follow the herd and when you have over 1800 pages of info attributed to M03/M05 vs 124 for M06.. The top m chassis guys all run M05, so it's an easy choice.

Last edited by Raman; 11-26-2016 at 07:11 PM.