R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 On-Road Racing - How cheap can it be done? Lets get new drivers hooked.
Old 11-14-2016, 04:01 PM
bertrandsv87
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I was being very conservative with the $1600 quote: the actual cost is more around the $2400 mark if you want to be competitive without borrowing anything from anybody else...If you can use other people's setup tools, chargers, etc, then you can pull it off with $500 easy....
The best is to find someone getting out of the hobby, and buy everything from him...
I tried the cheap route with the tc4, but was not competitive enough for my liking, but after I get my final Mods , I think I will be in the Amain. I am still waiting on my parts, and hope to race against other tc4's when I go back to 360v2 to race: the other tc4's stand no chance at all...lol...
Originally Posted by JustWill75
Why would you even say that? It don't cost no way near that much to get started. I swear one day I'm going to visit your home track with a bone stock TC4 and race you.... All just to stop you from posting this type of bull shit......