R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya XV-01
Thread: Tamiya XV-01
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2016, 12:54 PM
4roller
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by haplm
I'm actually tempted to do the TC conversion as well. Would you be so kind and post all the part numbers that are needed for this?

How well the wheels fit the chassis with all the additional width? Would I be able to use 190mm bodies, or do I need to get 200mm ones?
Bodies fits nicely for both of my 190mm lids.

I did run into one issue which may be of importance to you with the need for crazy steering angle. The hub carriers of the TC are much closer to the rims' spokes. If you run Tamiya, HPI rims, or deep spokes rims, you will have to shave down the arms around the pins, maybe 1-2mm.

I don't actually have all the parts numbers because, I won an auction for the bulk of the bits from a Tamiya Touring Car (TA, TB, or TRF) that was stripped of its suspension.

There is, however, a kit you can purchase that has 70% of the parts you need. Tamiya light weight short reversible suspension kit #53899. It lacks the CVDs shafts, since different cars use different length shafts, the xv-01TC Pro (manual) said to use 44mm and they indeed work. If you get the kit, then you will also need 46mm (#51093) and 22mm/25mm (#53825) suspension shafts, also front and rear suspension blocks from any ta05/06, tb04, or trf417/418. These could either be aluminum or the stock plastic ones. 1XA(x4) 1A 1E are the blocks I have.

I ended up looking at the xv01TC manual for sizes of the hinge pins and CVD shafts. Check the link I included above in case you are unsure of what you need.

On the side, if you can mount sway bars, the Trf418 stablizer set work (with some minor modifications)

Also as I noted above wider (6mm+) wheel hexes and a slight trim of the arms will help with deep spoked rims.

Last edited by 4roller; 11-10-2016 at 12:53 AM.