R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR SCTE 3.0 Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2016, 10:31 PM
Barillms
Tech Adept

Welp, I took apart my rig... Cleaned it up and did more work trying to free up the ass end.

I came to realize a few things need done to get the rear suspension to free up... and here's what you should try doing:

#1: A arms need beveled and trimmed a tiny bit. The beveling allows you to add rear toe, without rubbing. And shorten them maybe 1mm or so. You can use a flat file or a sharp exacto. It works and is necessary.

#2 the sway bar likes to bind up also. Trim the sway bar ends about 3mm and it helps tremendously. And make sure the set screws aren't tight.

#3 the rod ends are also sticky. Pop them in and out a few times, and they'll loosen up.

One other thing i noticed is standing the shocks up more (outside Hole on tower) helps the suspension to rebound better. It seems to give it more action and feel less dead.

In the front, I had my shocks in the outside hole on the A arm. This was limiting the droop quite a bit. I moved the shock to the middle hole on the Arm and if seems to have freed up the front end more and provided more droop.

Otherwise my truck feels good now. Im going to experiment with set ups in the next few weekends. So far it handles great.

One issue i had, was the rear axle dogbone crosspin. I caught it before it fell out, but it started to work loose. I pressed it back in and used some thin CA glue to help hold it. It worked so far. But I was surprised it came loose so fast.