R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR SCTE 3.0 Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2016, 10:54 AM
lyons238
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Thunder Trail
The 2.0 screw down system with graphite strap is the most secure. It also works best if modifying the lipo stops to slide lipo over.

I might make a holder like that one you use for transponder, but I want it for my receiver. Would like to get the receiver off chassis to keep dirt out. A mount like that would allow room under it to cover receiver with a balloon. It would fit like a sock over mount, receiver and wires exit out the front side. Also would allow easy install of Vet tape, or gauze tape. Its an idea I have kicked around a while. I tried a box, but I don't want to add that much wt to the heavy side of truck.

Another idea others have used is a lexan cover or shield. I don't think it would work as well, but anything is better than leaving it out in the open to fill with dirt shoveled in from the right front tire during right hand turns on throttle.

Currently use some tape, but it only helps so much do to location. Any ideas from others who have 2.0 or 3.0 besides adding a box?
they make little rubber rx plugs for empty spots if you have any... other than that the rx should be sealed and dirt shouldn't be an issue...