R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2016, 01:54 AM
justpoet
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I'll also touch on the driveshaft subject. I believe you're talking about the driveshafts at the corners, rather than those in the center of the car.

I haven't snapped any in a long time, and the time I did was from running a too worn outdrive that notched. As for bending them, this can happen on occasion, especially if you take a hit just right on that corner. If it isn't causing excessive vibration, it is still fine to run and won't cause an issue. I think of it this way, if I hit throttle on the bench and it LOOKS like the shaft is just a little thicker, I don't worry. If it starts to shake or look like a balloon shape, then I replace it. I think I've replaced 2 bent ones, one on the front, and one on the back, having run the EB series since it first came out. Both were a result of full speed crashes, the front being a head on where somebody was going the wrong way on the straight.

So, they are fairly durable, and generally don't need replacing either. If you question how much it wobbles for you, send a private video to Tekno support and they will be happy to let you know if it should cause a problem or not.