R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya XV-01
Thread: Tamiya XV-01
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2016, 02:06 PM
4roller
Tech Addict

Default XV-01 TC suspension

So I was playing around with the TC suspension.

I really like it. There is much more in the way of setup that one can do. Like I mentioned before, for the most flexibility I am using long damper ends with TRF dampers. I found that with the settings I started with, I was riding kind of high at 12mm. Great for rally.

I moved the damper mount ball ends further outwards on the front and rear. This changed the cars handling quite a bit. It made the suspension feel a bit stiffer and also lowered the car to where its now sitting at a comfortable 7.5-8mm. Perfect for TC/Street driving.

Since I am waiting for the rear sway/stabilizer bars to ship. I am finding without any sways in the rear, the car really turns into a point and go kind of car. The rear end swings out to whichever way you point the car. On a hard controlled turn you can see the rear inner wheel lift and expand when throttle is applied. If the car oversteers, it is very predicable. With a body on, the car leans really deep in the rear.

I find that if you go down to less than 5mm ride height, the car just acts like a crazy carpet. Not very controllable, sliding, spinning and skidding out. At 18mm+ the car can easily flip with a body on. At 6-12mm the car won't roll over, and your level of oversteer progressively increases the lower you go due to less available chassis roll.

Thats all for now