R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2016, 06:16 AM
MattDub
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh L
Point to all this, if you want to get the most from any ESC tooling with "punch" feel and smoothing out your travel rates, it can be had on the fly using a slider or rotation knob.
Josh, this is probably a personal preference. While changing the throttle curve at the radio does give a 'dead' feeling, for me no radio setting can make up for having too much power or torque. Brushless four pole systems can easily have more power than the track can handle, and I don't have the throttle finger I used to. Probably comes from racing nitro where you can just punch it and not worry too much about the wheels spinning. Adjusting settings on the radio, unfortunately, has little effect on how many amps your ESC is allowing to reach your motor.

To me, all curve does is gives a dead feeling, and messes up jump timing because the vehicle isn't accelerating literally. With curve, my finger usually ends up compensating by pulling more throttle anyway.

I used to think the same thing, just add curve. When in reality all it changes the throttle points and yes it can easily be done on the drivers stand but in my case it's only a quick fix.

Last edited by MattDub; 11-05-2016 at 07:23 PM.