R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB2 2WD Buggy Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2016, 05:27 AM
lyons238
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rekim
some years ago when the 22 1.0 came out and it was rear motor with the ability to make it mid motor, I remember reading many people saying things about mid motor and dirt were silly or stupid. People tried it and many have switched. however not EVERYONE has switched. We all know your track in Rhode Island is the leading track in the world and everyone else has to follow it, but I wont.

Really you shouldn't make generalizations like you are. Yes most companies are doing mid motors right now, like most companies were doing short course trucks 5 years ago.

Doesn't mean its better or right, its the current trend. I am not saying RM is better than MM or vice versa. I am saying being closed minded about it is not correct. Because YOU don't do it, doesn't mean I shouldn't. especially since the company promised they would make it possible.

Also your past post about maybe I should just stick to the 22 because the parts are expensive on the xray and there is more maintance... Your logic is flawed on this one too. By your logic, if I can comfortably afford a Ferrari, I should still only buy a civic...because I only drive around the streets and I don't race. Its honestly just wrong.

I was going to let the topic go because Bent responded, which is what I wanted, but you keep going on, so I now have said what I wanted to say the first time, but closed out instead.

(I mean no disrespect to Rhode Island, its a lovely state and it has the best tasting water I ever had)
Did I say no one uses rear motor? No I said rear motor is the minority. You're telling me I'm assuming this when you're assuming the opposite but the fact is rear motor is the minority and the market reflects that.

There's nothing wrong with you liking rear motor I was just saying don't expect to be catered to as the minority - there's no money in it for the companies. That's why I was saying a purpose built 2wd race buggy is not the best RC for your needs.

No need to argue I see what you're saying.