R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Lazer ZX-6 & ZX-6.6 4WD Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2016, 02:24 PM
lyons238
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by likea45
I was running X-ray before coming to kyosho. The Xb4 is a very fast and capable platform. Two places I think the ZX6 excels at over the X-ray:
1. Cornering. My XB4 was very easy to drive right out of the box but I always felt like I wanted more steering. I'd find it but then I would have too much. I'd play with dialing it back and forth until I'd reach a point I could "live with". Spending an additional $100+ on the ECS drive shafts was the only way to get the car to turn the way I wanted. The ZX6 from go had loads of steering, too much in fact, but I found it much easier to dial back. With all that said the ZX6 enters and exits corners faster and is a bit more agile in tricky sections for my taste.

2. Jumping and landing. I was never blown away by the X-ray shock package. I had to buy aftermarket parts to keep them going although I will say they are easy to build. Nothing and I mean nothing touches a Kyosho shock though. Buttery smooth and plush, rebuild after rebuild after rebuild. They just have it down when it comes to shocks. This allows the car to land more plush and stable which in turn means quicker to accelerate on landing.

The XB4 is great chassis, I think it's durability is something Kyosho could learn from and it's easy to drive out of the box and a breeze to work on. The ZX6 is also easy to drive out of the box but I think it's better in the hands of an experienced driver who's had a wheeler before than a first timer. I believe the X-ray is easier for a beginner especially when durability is a factor.

I was instantly faster with the ZX6.
this is odd to me i found the xray to be the best steering buggy by a long shot.

dont get me wrong the kyosho is a great car, but i would definitely argue against your point that the kyosho has better steering - that was probably a personal setup issue. same with the speed issue. im faster with the xray than any other buggy but i have it dialed in.

i think the xray is way more versatile and more tune able especially with the different plastics and that's what makes it great to me. i can dial it in to my liking and it respond very well.

i do agree that kyosho's shocks are slightly better, but i don't think that comes into play honestly. they just dont get as dirty as quickly, but replace xrays o-rings with some kyosho or yokomo x-rings and it's on par, if not close enough to never ever tell a difference on the track.