R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2016, 05:43 PM
racer x 1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 190mph
Wondering if someone can help. For Touring 17.5 Stock I am wanting to run a FDR of 3.8 to 3.9 and before racing today I was really frustrated at this car as I missed practice today after running my TRF419 and I wanted to quickly run back to back before qualifying to see how the cars perform with kit setup for the BD7 2016 vs the carpet setups of the TRF419 which without Alum Chassis was no good anyway on the TRF.

So the issue is I cannot seem to get a spur and pinion combo to work with my resources today at the track.

I had a Durango 86T spur on the car and with a 44 pinion I could not get the motor to move over enough to mesh with the spur. Limitations on both carbon top deck and the motor mount for the motor screws.

I feel it is a pain to get 45T plus pinions in there.

I grabbed I think a Kimborough type spur 102T in my box to try and make things work but it was thicker so the right pulley is like 0.7mm more over and it was rubbing on the carbon top plate (drivetrain was tight as I tightened the top deck down), so I had to file quite a bit and even angle the underside edge too and then was able to use the 46T but my FDR was way out at 4.43

So any suggestions? I was looking at the tables in the back for 64 pitch and since I got to get bigger than the 86T everything I looked at I wondered if anything would work out when thinking of 92T, 96T, 100T spurs. Anything bigger than the 102T and you really have to get big pinion gears going.
Its gonna depend on track size and conditions but 17.5 blinky common would be 92-98 I personally like 96 at my local track