R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Top Racing Single Belt TC
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2016, 08:45 PM
niznai
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia
Sounds pretty cool
Meh.

It's a hotch-potch of what someone with limited time and resources can do without quitting their day job.

The crucial goal I need to achieve if I am to prove anything is to eek some advantage from perfect symmetry and weight centralisation. If I manage to find a clear advantage, the exercise might mean something. If not, it will just be another dead end. Compared to the Gizmo, I don't think I can win. The question of drivetrain efficiency (one belt vs two) still bugs me, and right now I am inclined to think the Gizmo has the edge there. I hope I am wrong, hence the motivation to run this expensive (for me) experiment.

I might be able to move the motor back further than the Gizmo, and place the battery down the centre (think either shorty length wise or square pack, or even saddle packs side by side or across). Test fittings suggest this is possible.

I am now thinking about a central servo mechanism, something direct on the servo with no linkages.

Another idea is to have the battery straight up front and the steering servo behind it, somewhere in front of the motor, to put more weight on the front.

We'll see what comes out of it if I ever finish it.

Last edited by niznai; 10-28-2016 at 03:16 AM.