R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2016, 06:39 AM
Cain
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

+1 good luck.

Honestly if team durango who have just done what they said they were going to do for the local racers when dropping the whole pro team, it may have worked. Sadly, seemed more like a cost cutting measure that never had any intention of doing what they said.

At this point, can they right the ship? yes they can. But they need to be honest about who they want to be. In the past people I know who ran durango ran it as it was a top performing vehicle supported by pro racers. Did they have issues? Yes but they were things you could kind of go along with from a race perspective.

To me, some things I would like to see going forward:

- Get a real pro race team going again, get a true world class top driver
- Go through your kits and give it a big overhaul. If there is something that is a common durability upgrade (example, exotek alloy hexes) include them. I rather spend a bit more for quality than you nickel and dime me after the fact or have me at the mercy of the aftermarket. You also should have manual and box art work that makes me know its a new kit, not an old one with some parts thrown in.
- Innovate!
- Eliminate the whole part tree stuff that is right now is excessive. We should be buying 1 specific part and get parts on a tree that isn't even for the same car. If Intech can do it for basically the same part, you can certainly do it.
- standardize your wheels with what a popular company uses (ex- Associated).

there are other things I can think of but just some things that stood out.

Last edited by Cain; 10-26-2016 at 06:54 AM.