R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2016, 08:12 PM
Alan_r
Tech Addict

http://site.petitrc.com/setup/durang...RDirt20150620/

Cain, it's currently this setup except for the transmission, which is MM3. The car had a ton of steering. The only things I noticed were the following:

The rear end would slap a little on jumps that are not usually downsided. My ae's Are plush here by comparison. Likely Walls suggestion to use 2/1.7 in the rear will correct this.

We have a wide sweeper after a medium straight that with my other cars gets attacked by braking upon entering, once the car is settled I can slowly accelerate as it winds around. The DEX requires me to let off during the last 1/4 of it or it will push towards the outside of the pipe. Once I let off it gets in line quickly. Reminds me of a RM car.

On sharp 45 degree plus turns, it has a tendency to snap oversteer right when I'm about to straighten the wheels. It seemsbto happen a split before I start accelerating out of the turn.

The car is so much better to drive than it was last week but it still requires a lot of work to get it around the track quickly. I'm sure by practising with these quirks it could be competitive. But I still think there's more to be found. I'm a very smooth driver and my lap YO lqp consistency is pretty tightly grouped. This car makes it more difficult to do this because of some of the unpredictability. It's my only 2wd buggy that feels this way.

In the back of my mind I know that this is a European car being tuned for a typical American, outdoor 1/8 scale dirt/clay track so I expected many baseline settings to be way off. At higher levels of grip I could definitely see the current setup working well.

I definitely want to change the rear pistons and try out a few tires before making any other changes though. 30 degrees of Caster sounds like the right direction.