R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RSD RR12 12th Scale Pan Car Kit
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2016, 07:34 AM
Troy Carter
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

OK, I received and built my RR12T2 last week. Great looking car with a pretty straight forward build. The manual online for the car is for the v1 version with the standard front but looking at some of the pictures posted by others I was able to get mine together without much trouble. I snapped some pictures as to share here that may help others build their kit.

I have not used the car yet but the initial build was very nice.

Bare front end with arms.

Front arm pivots and spring mount installed.

Front arm installed.

Lower king pin holder bare.

Lower king pin holder installed. Note the o-ring is on top of the arm.

Standard Xenon upper arm and steering knuckle.

Upper arm assembled to lower arm. Note that the shims can be adjusted. I believe that if you add more shims between the knuckle and lower arm you will lower the roll center. Also, this shim stack may not be ideal, I just put this in because it's close to a standard 1/12th front end as a starting point.

The droop stop plate is installed with spacers off the front bumper.

Note the damper uses a stand off on one end to keep the damper rod and sleeve engaged properly. It's on the top end of the damper in this shot.

With springs installed on the front arm. Yokomo black springs were included in the kit.

I am using a 9650 servo and elected not to use the servo mounts includedso that ZI can slide the servo forward and back on the servo mount if needed. Don't misplace these mounts because if you swap to a servo without both horizontal and vertical mounts you will need them.

Full front end. I had to use a shim on the rear upper brace screws or they would just kiss the upper arm hinge pin.

Also, the slider pod and diff were excellent. Straight forward to assemble and easy to adjust. You can follow the online manual for the entire rear of the car.