R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22-4 2.0 Race Kit Thread!
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2016, 10:01 AM
Casper
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tommynash
How do you like it with a 13.5?
Car is great. I have not done a dang thing to it to lighten it up either. If I stick with 13.5 might put her on a little diet but ran top 3 at Surf City with the car and have had great club race results with it against some stiff competition running it stock so just having fun with the car in the class.

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE
I run my car with a 13.5 and love it. Casper made a comment to my buddy [on the drivers stand] @ a JBRL about how good the 22-4 2.0 is and how my buddy should get one. Unfortunately, my friend is Sponsored by Kyosho and could only share that recommendation with me. I'm glad he did. Although my friend and his ZX6 ended up #1 in the JBRL series this year he loves the 22-4 2.0....he just can't run one. I have not had a single issue yet with mine after 3 weeks of racing. I'm not super fast or aggressive but I do crash like everybody else and, knock on wood, nothing has broken. I don't have any upgrades installed on the car yet. Just like Frank root has said numerous times the book set up is excellent. We're working on a second car now for our winter wet series in a month. We'll see how the 22-4 2.0 does where my XRay use to excel. So far the TLR has not disappointed.
I was just ribbing Eddie (he's a good guy) but glad you took the advice and switched over. The 22-4 has been a great car from the get go and the 2.0 just built on that. I have fun driving the car and have made very few adjustments to it and it drives like a dream. Need to toss in my 6.5 though and do some mod runs with it but 13.5 has been a blast.