R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR SCTE 3.0 Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2016, 06:44 AM
Thunder Trail
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh L
One of my friend's ran his 3.0 last weekend on a rougher outdoor and noticed that the truck didn't want to rotate as hard around the hairpin turns like my 2.0 did. I believe this is due to the new angle as well and suggested he try it straight to send more to the back.
He is running stock shock setup with new red rear springs and has the +4 perches all around.
Has the diff oil set 5-5-3 like the 2.0
Suggested that he move the pack to the outside like you said you did. I am going to make some custom battery blocks for this soon.
I also thought about making a custom servo mount to angle the front of the servo inward toward center possibly. Might have to run the servo back wards with a longer link to get proper clearances.
That lack of snap in the turns is the opposite of what the -3 chassis should do. I think the -3 requires more wt up front to get that back. I'm testing that with lipo forward, but yet to try it all the way forward. Baby steps, don't want to loose any straight line stability. With no practice days at local track, race day doesn't allow enough time to make changes. Slow process.

If I had local track open few times a week I would have it dialed in by week 3. Travel soon to indoor track that will allow me to do just that over winter.