R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB2 2WD Buggy Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2016, 11:01 AM
lyons238
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by seth556
It's always tough to raise the price of something or decrease what comes in a kit without having people get upset. It's easy to lower the price of something, but tough to raise the price just slightly. It's also good to look at what Xray does for the hobby, how many races they sponsor, the tracks they have, the support they provide, etc. I just wish they did more in the US!

The AE is the cheapest kit out, but you'll struggle to find one at the track without at least $100 worth of upgrades on it. Plus the xray parts last far longer and are much more durable.

The Xray you can build and tune for your track without buying any extra parts.
i agree with all of this.

the only point i was trying to make was they shouldn't be providing less value as time goes on, they should provide more due to the way business works and optimizing.

i think they do a ton of great things, and the cars are amazing. i just think it was a bit of a mistake to provide clearly less value in their kit, that's all. nothing more.

but that's why i literally just purchased a brand new 2016 kit on ebay for 300 shipped. i suggest more of you do the same, i guarantee the parts for the 3 gear will cost less than buying all of the plastics (if you will use them). also the 4 gear is useful to me as well.