R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - MUGEN MGT7 Super Touring ECO
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2016, 02:32 PM
John Wallace2
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by John Wallace2
Lanky check out the setup I posted earlier. The front inner A arms are shaved 2mm to take caster out. I haven't done this yet as my 1/8th scale track has closed until November (too hot in Brownville TX).
I found a new track in Austin (N Control) where they also race 1/8th scale cars. I had so much success with scaling my 1/10th cars to set the tweak to near perfect (instead of that balance beam) and thus fixing slight on power loose conditions (thanks John Stranahan) that I thought I'd try it on my MGT7 - if you recall from earlier post that was the main issue I had with this car too: loose on power! I found that since I'm using a heavier battery (SMC6700) I added some weight to the other side and the tire weights and shock preloads all evened out. I just played with it in the driveway and street with old unprepared tires and I couldn't break the back end loose. I can't wait to get back to Austin and see how it handles. I may have to undo all the things I did to get the backend to hook up.