R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated B6 & B6D thread
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2016, 01:14 PM
Eli
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default X-rings

How much life are you guys getting out of a set of X-rings for you car? Is it rather short or on the same set for a little bit of time with no noticeable amount of stiction from them?

I picked up a second hand pair of kashima coated shocks and have gone through 2 sets of x-rings in about 5 weeks. This last set was put in as i was installing the FT shock bushings and removing the stock black shock bushings. I was hoping to re-use the x-rings as they were about 2 weeks old at the max but i noticed they had swelled a good amount already and had a lot of stiction, so much that it would make the car not drive correctly.

Maybe it is possible that now with the FT machined bushings i will gain some extra life out of them. I have heard there were some bad batches of these shock bodies as well. Currently my car is sitting upside down after racing yesterday and im tempted to just drain the shock oil until next race day.

I was gonna wait a couple more weeks to post this question but figured it would be a good break from diff nuts.