R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2016, 10:03 PM
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I think the 3 gear Laydown on medium/high bite clay (running treads/electrons) is incredible.

No need for 4 gear. I run mine with the 25 gram brass rear front hanger only because I am running a 160 gram slim shorty battery. I drove another the other day with a 7.5 on medium high bite (Electrons). Shocks on the front too and it was hands down the best buggy I have owned recently between the xb2 carpet, xb2 dirt and the b6 laydown. This buggy generates more traction than my laydown Xray xb2 with 2 brass hangers, flex carbon chassis, and a 4 gear laydown. Has the same bite as my associated b6d laydown.

Maybe the buggy drives excellent as a stand up. I'll have to try it but I currently wouldn't know because I only want to sacrifice the cornering if I start to lose grip, which I have not yet

Originally Posted by likea45
I'd snag a pair of 0* aluminum rear hubs and some extra axles for the rear. Other than that if you are running on clay or medium to high grip run the stand up 3 gear. Carpet/Astro/super high-bite clay run laydown 4 gear. Car has it all and can do it all.

Good luck!