R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3Racing Sakura Advance Touring Car
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2016, 10:27 PM
(0000000000)
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The 66T spur works. It took a little effort, but it worked.

Sorry to hear about the e-clip. Hopefully you rectify that soon.

I ran my car at the first indoor club race of the season @ Overgear Racing today: 17.5 Stock and 21.5 Scale Spec. Cars handled very well, minus the following:

In my first Scale Spec heat, I was catching the leader and then my car started handling funny. Turns out that the pins in the rear CVD's came loose. I tightended them up after the qualifier, and all was good. I clipped a corner in my 2nd stock heat and the lightweight outdrive for the spool broke. I was a little disappointed, as I didn't feel that it hit that hard. A buddy of mine who runs TRF 417/418 had extra steel outdrives. They are a lot more beefy and they are a direct fit. Finished well enough to make middle of the pack in A main for both classes.

Suggested upgrades:

Nothing really. The stock setup is decent - though I replaced all the Pink kit washers with either Black or Silver ones. I put softer 3racing big bore springs on both cars for the 3rd heat, and it was noticeably better: 7.0 front/7.5 rear in stock & 7.25 front/7.75 rear in scale spec.

Going to do a 3 hour drive to TVRCRC tomorrow for their first indoor club race of the season. Very happy with the cars thus far. Compared to my modified XI sports, the cars appear to be able to enter corners much hotter, while allowing me to comfortably pull the trigger during exit much sooner - which translates to more corner speed and less time on the brakes.