R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2016, 05:34 PM
PZP
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Cain
Be cool to see what they come up with. Personally, I would like to seem them go with a full on race version, anything that gets commonly put on the vehicle now, put it on out of the box.

And make it standard the ability to move the weight of the components around as people are doing with various mods, etc. Offer bolt on components that can do this.

If that means the vehicle goes from $399.99 to $449.99 then so be it.
Totally agree! Another thing that need to be addressed is the clearances of the spur gear. This truck definitely tears up the spur more than my SCTE, due to there be no escape for debris that make their way on the chassis.
I have lost two races due to a small rock jamming into the spur and halting the pinion. Talk about irritated! I was leading by a half a lap one of those times, only to get lapped by the entire field twice by the time I got the situation figured out and back on the track. I don't feel like this would be the case if the chassis side plastics where lowered to allow junk to escape.
I am sure this isn't an issue on well groomed indoor tracks, or even high maintained outdoor, but lets face it. The majority of tracks out there aren't like this, especially in my area.

As for my Tekno, I have all alloy a blocks, alloy center diff mount, alloy inner diff pins, servo horn, carbon towers, upgraded the shocks with alloy lower caps, top caps, Ti coated shafts, delrin pistons. And I am probably missing some things as well I can't remember at the moment, but that covers most of them. I love the truck, but it would benefit from being lighter and more balanced without any doubt, hence the mods.
I run a HW 4700, XR10pro ESC with a 6500 pack and Futaba 9752 servo. All Same on my SCTE.
The only difference with the components is I run my SCTE with a Futaba 4PX and the Tekno has the M12S. No complaints about either of those systems.