R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2016, 12:41 PM
Riflebuilder
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PZP
I'm not doing something wrong. I own both trucks and have everything you can do to them done to both. Battery back, balanced 50/50 side to side. The losi still turns in harder and is just more nimble in my honest opinion.
Outside of that the SCTE platforms are more maintenance, the drive line is not as efficient as the 410.3 and if you don't know how to set the shocks right on the losi, it likes to ride on top of the track.
I really love the Tekno, but there are a few things such as the battery back mod that would be nice to be included or revised like the M2C chassis does.
Or just a redesign of the side plates, omitting the rear servo plastics where it obviously doesn't need it.
I know a couple Tekno pros personally who do very well with the truck, I do well with the truck. But can it be better? I think it can.
I don't think it needs a lot, but it would be nice to lighten up the fat girl and get a better balance ability without having to hack on things as much. I can't see how anyone could argue that?
The main factor between the two chassis is who's driving it most of the time, but since I do own both, there are some advantages I see from my SCTE that I think could be incorporated into the 410.3

I agree with what you are saying. I have 2 410.3's and a SCTE 2.0 and even though I still typically drive my Tekno (hate replacing my MIP drive parts) the SCTE is quicker, more nimble and it seems to scrub speed in turns and dig in better. I love the way the Tekno turns, but my bigger problem is the rear end swinging around when the Losi digs in and goes. Sweeper turns kill me with the Tekno vs SCTE. I know the pros will wipe the floor up with their 410.3's, but they have God given talents and are pro's for a reason.

I love my Tekno 410.3 and I drive it more, I think it is twice the truck when it comes to durability and ease of maintenance, but it typically will not yield faster laps than my SCTE which has identical ESC, motor and servo running the same Transmitter.

Mark