R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR SCTE 3.0 Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2016, 09:05 AM
Frank Root
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Thunder Trail
I was going to post these few days ago and forgot.

Overall Pic shows the Lipo mounting choice I started with. May change it a few times before it stays. Nice to have so many options.

The ESC shot shows how easy and clean short run wires can be. Plenty of ESC wire to reach receiver.

The motor pic shows how far it hangs out in the 3 degree position. Takes a while to get used to seeing this if you have raced this platform for any amount of time.

Shocks have balloon covers/boots and they took me a long time to mount. Don't fit tight at the bottom, but should keep a lot of dirt off the shafts. My local outdoor track is not clean, so I use boots to make my shock seals and shafts last longer. Would be nice to have a lower shock cap with a grove or lip to facilitate shock boots.

I will say that these 22 shocks feel too small for the truck when you build them, but they are not. That feeling is amplified for me because I just built some 2.0 shocks. Big difference in wt and action. They have very little stiction and feel great on the bench drop. Overall a superior design to the 2.0 shocks and much lighter. Looks good.

Last pic shows the reshaped front a arm. This and the rod end shape should stop witness marks on wheels, a arms and the ball link. Truck turns to lock with no hint of binding under power. Might be updates to the CVD? Things have improved across the board in many ways.

My testing begins and I look forward to finding the sweet spot for my driving and track.
We did update the axles to get more steering through without binding. Thanks for noticing