R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MBX7R Eco thread!
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2016, 12:42 PM
StrawberryFire
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by racingnewb
I hear ya, I got the 8.2/e as well. I'm ready to switch but just not sure whether or not to wait. The way I see it it goes both ways when buying new kits. 1. buy the 7r and have a proven solid vehicle 2. buy the newest kit and have to deal with the bugs that need to be worked out. I am very close to buying the 7r eco right this second. If I wait I may be able to pick up a new 7r kit cheap since the 8? is out. I jumped into a rc8t3 as soon as it came out and currently wish I bought the mugen truck. decisions decisions, I agree that buying a used 7r may be the best bet. Try it out see if you like it, if not get the 8 if it is a better vehicle for you. Tough call, All I know is I'm tired of the 8.2e and I'm ready for some steering
This! I agree 100%.

But from what i've seen just because the new buggy is out doesn't mean the older version is going to drop drastically in price.. (atleast in AE). There is also what you mentioned about the flaws of the new buggy having to be straightened out..which would take time..

If that's the case it might be better to get the mugen now... and use it for a couple years before getting an anticipated mbx8? But that means I will always be a step 'behind'...ahhh

I hear you on the 8.2e steering! Had a sweet relationship with AE but it's time to breakup!