R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI Cup Racer 1M
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2016, 05:37 AM
firefoxussr
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aracefan
I was able to find a CR with the Exotek chassis conversion (includes all the stock stuff, too). The body is pretty much done - but the pics show the vehicle to be in great shape.

Won't have it till Friday, so that kinda stinks.
But wanted to ask you guys that still have these, what Tamiya bodies work on these?? I jumped on ebay and there were some from TBG, TeamBlueGroove or something, but have never heard of them. Was hoping that a Tamiya mini body will fit.

Thanks in advance!
Basically you have a car that is so complicated compared to what you need to run a Tamiya mini. The Cup Racer is technically superior to any Tamiya M-Chassis.

What you get with the Cup is the flexibility to run any 210mm or 225mm wheelbase body made by HPI, Tamiya, ABC Hobby, Colt, aaand many 1/12th scale pancar bodies will fit too.

My advice is get something more exotic than a Mini Cooper because you have a more exotic chassis. HPI Lancia Stratos (which only fits on this chassis*), HPI Porsche 911, Blitz McLaren P1, Protoform PFM12, etc.

If you get bored with your CF Cup Racer, sell it to me!

*okay, technically if you have an Active Hobby A210SS / Ofna JL12e you could without any modification to the chassis.