R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - minipro 540 motor dyno
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2016, 06:54 AM
mendez
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
And to add a Question or 2.
Will it be able to monitor the timeing of the motor thru the sensor board ?
Will it come equipped with a esc or do we interface are own? I could see a nitch for either one ...
Mod guys would like to check boost and timing effects
Spec guys would like to use a std no boost esc with steady voltage power supply to keep consistancy.
Will the pc run the throttle input thru the board to a esc?
What motor range has been tested ?
Will pc show a graph showing the acceleration (tq)curve , power, efficiency, amp draw ?
And last but not least ,
On a given motor ,let's say a 17.5 , how long does it take to spool up with this wheel ?
Answers

Will it be able to monitor the timeing of the motor thru the sensor board ?

Unfortunately, you wont be able to monitor the motor timing thru the sensor

Will it come equipped with a esc or do we interface are own? I could see a nitch for either one ...

Its not equipped with the ESC. you need to use your own. The way you do it is: You connect the esc in the current sensor, and the battery at the end of the current sensor.

Will the pc run the throttle input thru the board to a esc?
Yes that is our plan to offer two type of throttle sensors :1 that is manual, you control it and an auto that can run different maps via the pc.

Will pc show a graph showing the acceleration (tq)curve , power, efficiency, amp draw ?

At this moment, it plots Power, Torque, and Current draw. But, an acceleration , and efficiency curve can be added in future updates. So eventually, yes, you will have more graphs.

On a given motor ,let's say a 17.5 , how long does it take to spool up with this wheel ?
I will get back with you to check. But usually a few seconds because i want as much points as possible

Hope I answer your questions.