R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T4 2016
Thread: Xray T4 2016
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2016, 09:34 AM
jlfx car audio
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Boostinswifty38
I need to experiment more with the weight settings, but curious, why is it the worst? Perhaps this is something i need to work out and change more.

Now that weight is 1350, i have light motor, light battery, aluminum screws, spool, graphite arms, etc. i added weights to the avid chassis yesterday to get the car back up to weight-biggest difference was the battery being tons lighter.
Got ya . running stock we were still trying to make the big packs balance out in a light car, with no luck getting it below a 1372. Tho I fixed that issue by going to a A800 . lol now back to adding weight to hit min
As far as the weight , any weight place in front or behind the wheels makes a more aggressive approach to tuning .
By adding weight in front of the front wheels it adds 2x as much weight to the front bias (by transfering more weight from the rear ) and in our findings on carpet (better testing ground for setup changes ) adding any weight to the front of the car takes away steering in faster areas of the track (over 5mph) and makes the car slower change dirrections several top drivers will agree