R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2016, 02:00 PM
billdelong
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
MIP pucks are also an adjustment but not what the drive line was designed around. They allow the use of alloy out drives but change the amount of bind in the system. Are they popular with modified drivers?
MIP now offers Bi-metal outdrive options too... the inherent problem today is that most kits are only available for Mod racers in mind, and I might be wrong, but there seems to be a growing trend in the US with more folks jumping into stock racing than ever before.

Not trying to spark a debate that everyone needs to run mod, etc.. but the fact remains that there is a demand for stock racing so why not offer a kit with all the stock specific hop ups where, yeah it might be a little more expensive than the mod kit, but certainly far less expensive than a stock racer having to buy all the stock parts separately.

If I had to pick between 2 brands and one offered a "Stock Racing Option", then it would be a no brainer for me to buy that version and save some cash in the long run (slipper elim, aluminum driveline parts). Plus eliminate the headache of trying to research which parts to upgrade, etc..