R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2016 On-Road Worlds - BEIJING
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2016, 10:50 AM
LloydLoar
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blazeblazucki
I was just i a middle of writing my post about few things that made my wonder how far average racer is from top drivers ( especially considering their equipment), when i opend REDRC page to look for a quotatation about one thing ( but that i would coment later on)

It was just posted on redrc:

http://www.redrc.net/2016/08/trinity...r/#more-118016

I was wondering what are top drivers using in their cars. I knew it was a sort of voltage booster but i couldnt find a manufacturer of their boosters. Its funny how grate resources top drivers have that are still far from reach of a average driver. That leads to my main though about what is happening in 12 scale around around the World, especialy at big races.
The booster is Laje. I used one at worlds in 2014 - they are very good. Laje is the same company that makes the Motolyser that Trinity now sells - they are Swedish and (historically) haven't really been distributing product in the US.

There are plenty of things you can focus on for 'resources top drivers have that are still far from the reach of the average driver', but I would recommend not using Laje products as your example - they are/were relatively easy to obtain with essentially no language barrier - I think I had mine in less than a week after paying via PayPal.