R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated B6 & B6D thread
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2016, 09:36 PM
rvrslt1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Limeaway
Took my b6d out to the track for the first time today and almost finished my day without breaking anything. Technically didn't break and actually just lost a rear inner hinge pin. Easy fix.

Anyway, being my first experience with 2wd buggys (17.5), I had no real issues learning how to drive the b6d with the box setup with the exception of jumps. I feel as if I just don't get enough acceleration on jumps and it keeps me from moving around the track quickly. I have a Reedy Sonic 17.5 with 72/31 gearing.

I was having the most trouble with the rhythm section at my track which most were taking as a "double double" and the final set of jumps before the straight (single double). Here's a video of the current layout:
https://youtu.be/n9g0LsxYXq4

Should I be able to take the jumps the way I described with a 17.5 setup, or am I really limited to taking single jumps? My first instinct was to tighten my slipper a bit, as I did have a little bit of slipping happening on full throttle. Other than that though I didn't know what else to tweak.
Try 72/30. That was the sweet spot for me. Fast and Timps of 145 with no fan.