R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016, 09:12 AM
DOTMAN
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Damon
Hi Ferox, what is the track? I'm Italian like you

I think BD7 is a fast car, but we have to change some ideas on setup that worked well with older BD7, now we have to work in a different way.

In my opinion we have the best results working on the roll center of the car, a thing that with older models was never changed, at least for me.

I made several tests with different tires, Sorex, Hotrace, Volante and LRP, and sometimes the BD7 works better with higher roll center, sometimes with lower, it depends on tires and asphalt condition.

A "must to have" is the 1-piece FR suspension block, for me it works always better on asphalt than the separate ones.

Another thing is to cut the topdeck in the front, specially with LRP G32 it have better corner entry.

If you want you can try this setup: http://site.petitrc.com/reglages/yok...vorno20160512/

I won a race with margin on the strongest local driver of the track, who runs with a T4. Maybe it can be useful also for you.

Hi Damon, do you have a picture of the cut top deck? I'd like to see what and how much you cut.

Thanks,
Oliver