R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Gizmo GZ1 -
Thread: Gizmo GZ1 -
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2016, 06:22 AM
Hopper99
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
Had a great weekend racing the GZ1 at The Full Throttle Championships in Richardson, TX (Dallas).

Qual 5th in 17.5 with a 3rd overall place finish (behind Former National champs Eric Anderson and Kyle Klingforth), battling for position with both of them, finishishing within 2 seconds of the winnner in both A2 and A3.

In Modified, I qualified 2nd and finished second behind National Champion Chris Adams at his home track.

This was only the second time for myself as well as the Gizmo on the new black carpet. I had been up to Dallas 2 weeks before for a very brief testing session before this event. I had never had an extended period of time on black carpet with a sedan before, so I think the results were truly impressive considering the circumstances. The car had the pace to hang with national champions all weekend long, in 17.5 and mod. I'd say it was a succesful debut for the car on CRC black carpet.
Very nice! It's great to hear that this platform works great on all types of surfaces. Any idea on an eta for more kits?