R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - JConcepts Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2016, 05:52 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cain
question on carpet racing when you are not allowed to use carpet style pin tires:

At the track i'll be running at in the winter previously I used clay compound tires in either a very minimum tread setup (say a barcode sized tread) or slicks basically sauced. They worked well, but one of the very fast drivers uses a wedge 2wd tire up front and I believe something like a red compound losi ifmar pin. As they are not a "hard" carpet tires, those are legal and he doesnt' sauce which is kind of nice.

Carpet is grey ozite mixed with something else, not sure what though as can be seen here:

For 2wd buggy, ,I am looking to use the one of the various 2wd front tires for carpet out there, but curious how does the jconcepts swagger compare to the schumacher wedge in yellow compound and do you run these without foams?

Also, would flip outs be an option for the rear that could be similar to the losi IFMAR pin I described?

Lastly, I wonder if a similar front and rear flip out setup on 4wd buggy would be an option too based on what i mentioned (right now using worn proline ions)
The flipout is very similar to the IFMAR pin, but it's only available in super soft, so it will be much softer than the red compound.

has the cva kit (part #2437) for the b5m line been discontinued? thanks
Unfortunately yes.