R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB4 thread
Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2016, 12:34 PM
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Thx! Changed out medium chassis and braces for medium bite clay track. Moved rear shock to inner hole on rear tower like my xb2. Helped tremendously. Still not as much rear grip as I'd like. Anyone adding weight to the rear without buying brass hangers? How much and where? I imagine with the battery to one side one would weight the left, but I don't have scales for the corners?... He all
Originally Posted by lyons238
i got them for just the xb4 fronts. they definitely help with smoother and sharper cornering, especially on carpet, but also helpful on high bite clay and increased front traction.

as far as the rears go, they supposedly help increase rear traction but since the rear wheels don't turn and only are affected by camber changes from the suspension moving, i can't imagine that being all that significant. i would personally say run just the xb4 fronts and if you bend the rears on either car, maybe try the ecs out back.

also keep in mind that the standard drive shafts are likely to be less expensive and easier to maintain and/or replace. plus they might be a little more durable and last longer being that the design is more simple with less moving parts and wear.

just my .02