R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated B6 & B6D thread
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2016, 05:50 AM
Socket
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
I tried the axle shims from AE, but it was getting bind also. so I took them out. I am using the plastic pucks without issue. the roller I think are narrower and that causes a need for the axle shims.

also, many guys are using the "b5m" width in the rear. this narrows the rear and helps out. the b6 bones are the same as the b5m kit bones. the puck bones are just shorter than the b5m/b6 bones

No. It doesn't "help" anything, it's a geometry change that affects how the car handles, why not tell us what affect it has? Because you haven't tried it...shocker. You should not be changing the rear pivot width because you can't figure out how to use the shims I elaborated on above.

Narrow pivots for the most part are for lower bite applications. The wide (+4 and +6) are optimal in high bite situations. You need to use the corresponding hex so the track width stays the same.

Why does the B6 have this...Look at nationals, these guys are in love with the laydown and see it as the next big thing. However, when you move weight forward like that with a 3 gear laydown, you give up some rear bite. The optional narrow pivot gives another option for being able to get that rear bite back again, as well as shocks on the rear. The wide pivot is VERY good on carpet when I ran it back to back against the narrow. It allowed more rotation and quicker response.