R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2016, 07:38 AM
Bob Barry
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by weedsnager
Ok, I just ordered the 3 hole piston. I'm having a hell of a time getting this buggy figured out, I'm ready to throw it off a cliff. The local outdoor track is dry with loose dirt most of the time and the rear end of the buggy is all over the place in the corners.
Hey do me a favor, tear your car apart and rebuild it. Just to ensure everything is smooth, no binding, nothing mechanically wrong.

Important points to note:
- Ensure you have 4 washers behind the steering spindle to limit steering throw mechanically. I use 1 2mm washer, which is the total of the 4 washers
- Build the car with pistons taper up. I made the mistake of running taper down and the car was a hand full to drive.
- do the arm mod (all that's required is a dremel and about 10 min of your time) to increase the car's handling on big bumps and jumps.
- If you're NOT using PT Brand oils, let me know what oils you are using. If possible, you want to switch to those oils so that you're on the same page as the rest of the team. PT oils are considerably thinner.

Then put this setup on your car.

http://www.teknorc.com/wp-content/up...ern%20Nats.pdf

Also if you could post a pic / video of your track, that would help.

It may seem like a lot of work, but trust me, you'll be amazingly happy. Feel free to message me directly if you need help with something.