R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2016, 10:06 PM
mxrcracer23
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by justpoet
I run a 16t pinion on mine everywhere, but also a bit hefty of current limit on the rx8 (I need to update it and play with the new torque limit). This reduces wheel spin and helps keep temps down, while letting me pull most buggies (electric and nitro) down the straight, yet is smooth and consistent indoors on tighter tracks too. I don't make my turns with the rear hanging out and spinning though, so if you do that, expect more heat than I get. No fans on the motor though, just the normal ESC fan always on for me.

Temps vary a LOT based on driving style, ESC, ESC settings, and track conditions/layout, so your 15t that you settled on is a good start, but I would also have a 16 with you when going to a large track to see which you like better. I found that going down to 15t for me made it run hotter, but again, results will vary.
justpoet, the whole electric scene is new to me, i don't know anything about adusting the current limit or many of the other esc adjustments. I ran my first electric race (sct and ebuggy) last night and won the sct class and finished second in ebuggy/nitrobuggy (mostly do to great tekno vehicles, small turnout, and a lot of luck). I did adjust the punch to give it a little more snap, and actually ended up going to a 14t pinion do to track having several tight 180's, but will do some more testing with different pinions. I seem to have went from having a nosedive issue (only on Large 8th scale jumps) to a nose up issue, I think do to getting use to the extra power of the hw4700 compared to the castle 3800.I even adjusted brake to 100%, either way the 410.3 and the eb48.3 performed well above expectations and learn something new every time out.