R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MBX7R Eco thread!
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2016, 12:08 PM
jkas10
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 123 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt1970
So I was at our club race outdoors the other day. The track was dry with about medium grip to slightly loose. Sometimes when I would first accelerate on the straight, my front wheels would come off the ground just a bit. Not really enough to affect it much, but I was wondering if that was a sign that I needed to make an adjustment somewhere or just typical? I started watching some of the others when I could, but didn't really see it much with them. I'm running 7 10 5 diff oils. Maybe take center down a little???
Matt, yes, I would lower the center diff fluid if you run in the same conditions again. Remember, the center diff delivers power to the front and rear diffs. It sends the most power to the end of the car with the least amount of resistance - or the end that is lighter. When accelerating, the front is lighter than the rear. However, heavier fluid will still allow the diff to send power to the heavy end of the car. If you are pulling the front tires off the ground, you are either hitting a bump in the track, or, you are getting a lot of drive from your rear tires. You may have noticed the rear of the car wanting to come around when exiting a corner while on power. The rear tires were spinning because of the amount of power delivered by the center diff. I have really tried to find the happy spot where the front of the car leads the rear around, allowing the rear to rotate, but not over-rotate. For example, On a lower traction surface, we might run 5/5/3. Higher traction, we may run 7/7/4, up to 10/12/5.