R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi's Baja Rey Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2016, 07:32 AM
metalry101
Tech Rookie

Seems like there's a bit of negativity adding this truck...not sure why. I took mine out to the desert the other night with a friend and between us we put 7 packs through the thing with zero issues. My buddy and I both have Yeti SCOREs, and the Baja Rey was 100x better in our opinion. It was faster, better handling, better jumping, and easier to drive. The only advantage to the Axial is the run time. We get 20-30 minutes on them on 5000ish 3s packs, where we were getting 10-15 on 5000ish 2s packs. We expected that mind you...going faster on 2s than the competition on 3s is obviously going to result in more amp draw.

The steering feels sloppy on the bench, but it wasn't as much of an issue on loose stuff out in the desert. On a higher traction surface perhaps it would have caused issues, and it may still in the future. It's the past of the truck that is most underwhelming to me I the bench. Still, over an hour of hard use in extremely dusty and silty conditions with zero issues has me less worried about it than before running the truck.

The truck is awesome!