R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2016, 06:54 PM
Josh L
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by raved007
OK i run last weekends to my local track but not happy either my Tekno 410.3 better to drive than SCTE 2.0. Anyway I didn't change anything set up from the previous owner i will change diff oil, also shock oil very soft. Previous owner said the shock pistons is m2c delrin but seems to soft with shock oil. Any recommendations shock oil for m2c delrin piston?
You should do what Casper is saying. It's true that you can't really chase behind another's setup or generally improve from its base very easily.
As for the shock pistons, anything outside of stock TLR pistons nearly and universally fail to pack in those 2.0 12mm shocks.
I tested a set custom made just for me from VRP and used a set as low as 2 hole 1.2 pistons and still had to run my weight upto 40-50 weight depending on springs just to get them to pack similar to standard SCTE #4 pistons.
The SCTE pistons where .5mm thicker than most after market pistons as well. This significantly helps with side wall flex and changes the port flow volume that must effect pack more than you'd think. I messed with this ordeal so much I eventually just said the heck with it and had to go back to #3-#4 , or #2-#3 stock pistons on stock blue front/orange back springs before things became normalized again. Your best best is to just get the 22 shock if you want to play with different pistons and or gain a consistent tune.
Pick up the whole shock spring tuning kit as well.