R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22-4 2.0 Race Kit Thread!
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2016, 02:15 PM
Frank Root
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mgers75
Yes. I have the new TLR Horn, Alu bell cranks, and Alu servo saver.

I went thru the car last night and made sure the steering turnbuckles are exactly the same length as the kit instructions. They were both within .2 mm Also checked the turnbuckle that connects the rack and servo. Doesn't feel like anything is binding and the bulkhead isn't cracked. The servo seems to be working properly.

I put everything back together and made sure it's tight. I also fine tuned my epa endpoints. Going to run some packs tomorrow, hopefully it's magically fixed. It's no fun counter steering down the back straight like a Nascar driver and trying to turn good laps, haha.
I had this going on a little, and the screws to mount the servo down weren't super tight, I think the servo was moving. It was really good after I cranked those down. Make sure to check those.

Originally Posted by mgers75
HeyFrank, what's a good baseline gearing for 13.5 on a large indoor high bite track?
I'm really not a sure, I haven't run 13.5T yet. I'll see if I can find out.

Originally Posted by Mudcat981
Frank,

What tires were you guys running at HRH? I saw a picture of Maifields 22-4 2.0 and the tires looked like Dirt Webs in the center but the outside looks like some sort of Bar Code?
It's called the "Dirt Maze". It is not yet available, still in testing, but with the results we saw, it's probably coming soon . We ran normal Dirt Webs on the front of both 2wd and 4wd.