View Single Post
Old 07-13-2016, 09:54 PM   #3196
billdelong
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callaway View Post
Get the Serpent SRX-2 or SRX-4 gear diff. Fits perfectly with a couple shims. It is twice the price, but easily more than twice the quality of the Losi gear diff. Trust me. I would love for TLR to make a quality gear diff (and I would switch to it because I like keeping things factory), but there is no comparison between the Losi and the Serpent right now.
Just curious what kind of problems you're experiencing with the 22 RTR gear diff? I've got about 6 race days on mine so far and it seems to be holding up pretty well so far with my car remaining fairly competitive, though I plan to switch back to the MIP pucks this weekend after recently upgrading to longer 67mm shafts with rollers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsair View Post
Anyone know if the MIP super diff parts (rings and outdrives) are compatible with the TLR parts? I'm thinking of getting the bi-metal outdrives for my TLR 22T 2.0, but don't really want the rest of the super diff kit (rings, balls).
I was sold a bi-metal diff recently and the rep didn't realize it wouldn't be compatible with the pucks system, however it does work fine with the stock shafts. Supposedly they will be releasing a bi-metal system for the pucks within the next few weeks. The bi-metal kit (#16020) comes with everything (including rings,balls) except the plastic diff gear. The rings are 100% identical to the stock rings in the kit.

I don't see any reason why you can't recycle the kit diff parts and buy the bi-metal outdrives (#16025) and bi-metal hubs (#16072) separately.

The screw in the bi-metal kit measures 26mm long from the back of the socket head to the tip of the threads. I would double check the length of the screw in the kit diff is the same length. I'm not gonna take my diff apart to measure it anytime soon.
billdelong is offline   Reply With Quote