R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2002, 10:30 PM
darnold
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Avink1- For mod try white springs with thin Hydra fluid in tubes. Use the Kimbrough axle cams to lengthen the wheelbase and use the lowered rear roll center setup (smaller link balls, I think both CRC and SpeedMerchant sell it and it can be made with Dubro Parts I think). Use .20 springs up front with 3deg Caster and -2deg Camber. Use 60weight oil in the center shock and if you need more rear traction accelating out of the corners then go down to 50weight. For the Shock spring use gold or red and set the tension around 1/4 up front the bottom of the threads. Make sure that you have about 1/8" of backward movement on the pod from level with the chassis plate.

Everyone- I hope I wasn't too hard on the crew hosting the Roar Outdoor Nats this year. My main beef is that we have loopholes in the rules that allow for these types of controversies and potentially poor racing experiences as a result. I commend Roar and everyone else who was able to bring pressure to bear to help the host track see some light. Unfortunately the damage has been done for all. It's a shame it seems.