R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2016, 10:57 AM
Pistol123
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by fredswain
The parts fitment is sloppy compared to some others. Parts availability is problematic. The steering geometry is all out of whack and no matter what you do you'll always have bump steer. You'll want to replace the steering rack with a stronger one btw. I've got the Exotek on mine. The shocks don't give enough suspension up travel so when you are running a low ride height on high grip tracks, the car can't roll well due to suspension bottoming (not vehicle bottoming on the track). This causes you to lose grip. Driveshafts have been problematic over time. The wing is ridiculously placed down low behind the rear shock tower for looks rather than in the air stream where it could actually benefit for performance. The gearbox may bind if screwed together tightly (assembled correctly). You don't have the option to run a shorty across the chassis like others do. The steering servo is mounted up high, raising the front center of gravity.

If you want one that bad you can take mine off my hands. After 4 years, I'm effectively done with it. I've got Exotek parts all over it, a full compliment of springs, various shocks, towers, spares, etc. I've gone back to driving a 1991 Team Losi JRX-Pro instead and I'm happier with it.
I am no expert and keep checking but i am sure i have zero (or close enough) to zero bump steer on my dex210. Spares issue does worry my, even in the UK but they are very strong and have only broken a couple of rf hangers - with two beginer drivers.