R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2016, 07:55 AM
fredswain
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
To me this is a huge problem. Soon as my Great Planes rep calls I have a list of questions and this is one of them. How can you own a car company abd not have any as this really has me questioing what GP is planning to do with Durango as then seem more worried about Arrma than Durango.
I think you hit it on the head. They seem to be more concerned with the Arrma side of things. It's what Traxxas did in the early 90's. For a time they seemed to be making a serious attempt at the performance racer crowd. Then they realized that there was more money in the basher crowd and gave up on true race cars. Now it's all about marketing. It's a business decision and it's their right to choose how to run things but it seems that if you don't want to support your race oriented cars then you should just not release them at all and focus everything on something else. The 210 has far too many flaws to be a serious competitor and unfortunately the 210F shares many of those flaws. Parts support isn't very good and even their awesome 1/8 scale cars are being repaired with Arrma parts by people. They've got potential. They are just giving up on it.